Current Career Openings
The PDG Communications Coordinator is responsible for promoting broad-scale awareness and understanding of projects funded by the Preschool Development Grant (PDG) a federally funded, statewide initiative intended to improve the coordination and effectiveness of early childhood services throughout Nebraska. Located at Nebraska Children and Families Foundation, this position works closely with project leads and communications staff at multiple organizations to collect, synthesize, curate and disseminate information about PDG activities using a broad array of platforms and venues including print, social and broadcast media, websites, webinars and live presentations. Advance knowledge of early childhood programs is not required, but basic familiarity with social services and/or nonprofit operations is a plus. This position reports to the VP of Marketing. It has no supervisory responsibility.
The Assistant Vice President of Early Childhood Programs represents Nebraska Children's interest in promoting comprehensive and quality early childhood care and education for children under age five, especially at-risk children.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical assistance to identified and potential Sixpence grantees and community partners, in collaboration with the VP Early Childhood Programs, the Sixpence Board of Trustees, and the Nebraska Department of Education;
- Develop and support partnerships within communities, and across initiatives;
- Analyze data and develop quality improvement plans collaboratively with grantees and community partners;
- Provide monitoring and reports to identified Sixpence grantees in partnership with VP Early Childhood Programs, the Sixpence Board of Trustees, and the Nebraska Department of Education, working closely with other Assistant VP Early Childhood Programs to coordinate TA and collaborate on resources;
- Approve grant activities, budgets, and contracts with grantees and community partners, working closely with NC Grants Manager and VP Early Childhood Programs;
- Process and approve reimbursements, working closely with NC Grants Manager and VP Early Childhood Programs;
- Work with the Early Childhood Training Center and regional Early Childhood Professional Development Partnerships, Early Intervention Planning Region Teams and state and regional public health and family support services;
- Represent Sixpence on local early childhood committees to support the Sixpence work.
- Work with the Evaluation team in disseminating and supporting the use of program-specific data.
- Foster relationships with and between current and future grantees, maximizing peer learning whenever possible.
- Maintain a working knowledge of research-based best practices in early childhood, especially related to social-emotional development and family support.
- Utilize technology to connect with community planning, maintaining forward progression towards identified goals.
- As requested, represent Nebraska Children on critical collaborative early childhood program efforts to address barriers in implementation and align strategies to reach outcomes, as needed.