Platte County, NE
Child Well-Being Snapshot
See the state of child well-being in Platte County below. All data comes from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, the Nebraska Department of Education, the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Crimial Justice, the US Census Bureau and the County Health Rankings and Roadmap Program. Population analysis by CPAR at UNO. Population estimates based on 2009-2014 data.
Nebraska Children's investments in Platte County
Columbus Child Abuse Prevention Council serving Boone, Butler, Colfax, Nance, Platte and Polk Counties.
Collective Impact Grant for Community Prevention System through Columbus Area United Way (Platte/Colfax County)
Grant to complete the Child Well-being (CWB) assessment and planning process for development of collaborative capacity, the prevention system, and parent child interaction as related to community context. The organization will use the results of this process to complete and begin implementation of an integrated work plan, then work in partnership with Nebraska Children Foundation on planning, training, and implementation and evaluation.
Beyond School Bells Citywide ELO System
Nebraska Children provides grant and technical support to the Columbus Public Schools Community Learning Centers to provide high-quality afterschool and summer learning opportunities. The Columbus CLCs provide a high-quality performing arts experience to middle-school students, among other innovative activities.
Sixpence Early Learning Program
New family engagement home visitation program using the Early Steps to School Success curriculum from Save the Children. The program offers:
- Services on a year round basis
- Contact with each actively enrolled family at least three times per month for a total of at least 180 minutes per month (2 of the 3 contacts must be personal visits, totaling 120 minutes)
- Program design for children a minimum of 18-24 months
Past Nebraska Children and Families Foundation Grants
- Healthy Families Nebraska – Columbus Community Hospital (Platte, Colfax, Boone and Nance Counties)
- School-Community Partnership (Platte/Colfax Counties) Designed to improve social and emotional well-being of children and families by enhancing school and community services. Strategies were created to address young children’s mental health and behavioral health needs, parent-child relationships, and kindergarten truancies. This program focused on the social /emotional development and school readiness of young children from birth to age 5.